HAHAHA! i saw this being done on t.v. by something like entertainment tonight. the host and his crews were going around, looking for people who couldn’t part and putting them on their cars. after the owner of the car would come out and the host’s producer would come out like he had put it there. he almost got the *bleep* kicked out of him by a tow truck driver. that’s when they show came clean, after their initial reactions. f’ing HILARIOUS!
How I Grocery Shop
This is my master grocery list, which means that I always have these in my pantry/fridge. I have this list saved in my phone as a note, so that when I’m in the grocery store I run through it to check if I have it all at home.
I usually buy my berries & seasonal produce at local farmer’s markets, they’re always fresher & sometimes cheaper. Also, I don’t really eat bread/grains/cereal unless it’s really good or I have no other option… I just don’t like it!
What I buy all depends on season too. See seasonal chart here.
- Always go with a list!
- Shop the perimeter! This typically contains the produce, dairy, meat, deli, and frozen section.
- Inside the “perimeter” you are more likely to stray: the candy aisle, the juice/drinks aisle, and the snacks aisle are all bad places to buy the majority of your groceries
- Look for what is on sale & stock up if it’s non-perishable
- When choosing packaged produce, look at the “Use by” date and choose the longest.
- Check all fruits & veggies for bruises, scratches, & mold. Yuck!
- Buy frozen petite peas, berries (for smoothies or baking), and bell peppers. They’re always cheaper & there isn’t much difference.
- Try to not over-buy, know how long each fruit/veggie will last & don’t waste it!
- Because produce goes off so quickly I go grocery shopping 2+ times a week. This is usually what it takes to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
I was really shocked when I found out that my favorite sandwich that took 2 minutes to make contained 1/4 of my daily calorie intake; 500 calories! But by switching out the ingredients, it almost cuts the calorie intake in half and you can hardly tell by how it tastes!